RE: [DL] RE: Savage Deadlands

ok, for those of you who remember some of my more colorfull posts run now, for those of you who are not be prepared for some adult language. i am not going to take cover, i'm standing here in the middle of the street saying come get some. now, i do not like savage worlds, yes i candy coated it in my last post and it just didnt sit well with me. it is my opinion that it is a fair system if you like games that are simple and lead to a whole lot of hack and slash when i say simple i mean oh look a bad thing lets kill it, another problem is the conversion i admit but also the whole mechanics of the system.

a friend of mine and i figured it up and in the deadlands sw system, a chatacter can have a toughness of a lot, vigor d12/2 = 6, being dead + 3, having super vigor ( the harrowed powers and more call it a + 2, plus tough as nails and IMPROVED tough as nails, then we come to the arcane power sections and jesus a psyker on a good roll is a god, so unless your walking dead come equiped with rocket launchers stay at home.

and then we get to combat, ok now i havent read this section yet, so i am just working on what my game master runs as his mechanic correct me if i am wrong but i can take multiple actions at a +2 penalty, not a problem, but according to my gm i can only make one ranged attack, melee attack, move and cast a spell in one round. correct me if i am wrong please this will greatly enhance my enjoyment of the system, because as i understand things right now i can run up to a walking dead kick it in the head, shoot it in the head and then brain blast it in the head, BUT i cant shoot the thing 4 times in the head for like a + 8 modifier, get off the laced magic weed and get back to reality. and yes i am too lazzy to figure out a house rule that i like better, i buy rpg's for systems that way i do not have to figure things like that out.

as for the game of DL and all branches of it, i can say only this, i think it is kewl! but its been going down hill for a while now, the whole LC ordeal left a lot of my group unenterested because they had to wait so long. now i am going to leave that topic alone and say this about shane,

Shane, can i call you shane everyone else does, so DL went to the crapper everything has its time. i can at least give you this complement, and i dont just hand them out ask shawn willet, bobby edwards and crash. when you made deadlands you made a fucking kick ass game, sw dosent do it for me, but then again neither does d20. so i most likely will not be buying any sw stuff. but i will be keeping my eye on peginc to see if the market ever swings back around to my style of play.

"i have no ending for this so i just take a small bow"

sincerly

w.b. prescot.

Browse styles for all ages, from the latest looks to cozy weekend wear at MSN Shopping. And check out the beauty products! http://shopping.msn.com