RE: [DL] Reloaded

Welcome back!  Or Hi Again, if you've been lurking, or ... eerr, um,

Reloaded?  Well, it'll be the prettiest book put out by PEG to date I think,
and it will include all the Deadlands story elements Shane thinks are
important and will fit in the book.  It will use the Savage Worlds ruleset,
and will include all the Arcane types that make sense and will fit.
Harrowed, Hucksters, Shaman from Weird West, Psykers and Doomies from
Wasted, seem like core-gotta-have-em types, where as those guys from Armana
might not make it (I'm guessing).  Right now it seems like it will be one
big book, but Shane's reserved the right to make it more than one if he
must.

The Deadlands Classic and D20 lines are dead, there's no argument on that.
Shane can't make money on them anymore.  Some folk don't like the Savage
Worlds translation (even tho it isn't available to read yet, just the quick
and dirty conversion PDF that isn't even really a first draft -- it's just a
stop gap and shouldn't be used to judge Reloaded), but it's really a moot
point.  SW is PEG's/GWG's official rules, and they make money, and they made
enough that Shane could afford to do the full-color extra big Reloaded book.
But everyone has their preferences and if you don't like SW then you don't
like it.  Personally I like SW in general, and I have faith that Shane is
talented enough to find a way to get the Deadlands Spaghetti With Meat
flavor into the Reloaded book, but that's my opinion.

Reloaded will wrap up several story or meta-plot points that are left
dangling at the moment.  It won't include every detail from every source
book already in print.  I will buy the book just to see the story elements.
I will even try the rules eventually for Deadlands.  But I can also just use
the book as a meta-plot reference point and use Classic rules against it if
I wish (or my players wish -- they may not like the SW implementation of
Deadlands), and make use of the entire collection of Deadlands works I
already own for details and background.

The PEG webpage has a preview of the layout of Reloaded that is just sweet.
The text is cut-n-paste from somewhere else, but the artwork and layout are
there to see (yeah, it's got lots of whitespace, but the article states that
will be cleaned up).  Go peak and form your own opinions, mine's pretty
fan-boy-biased. ;-)

I'm done rambling now, time to mosey on to work...

Jeff Y.