RE: [DL] Deadlands Character Generator

Or simple distribution works just as well as it's quicker and less open to
munchkinism.

Vegas style, i.e. random, character creation and I just don't mix, never
have. Even at the time of Deadlands release I felt it was goofy that you
could pick your edges, hindrances, skill levels and gear but something as
basic as traits was left completely up to chance. Mysterious pasts, while
very cool, in fact they all exist in my games as edges & hindrances, can put
a serious kink in your plans for a certain kind of character.

Prior to beginning a new game I ask the posse members what kind of
characters they'd like to play. Based upon that information I decide upon a
point value/distribution method and proceed from there. True you don't get
those extraordinarily powerful characters but then again you don't get
saddled with those abysmally krappy ones either.

To each their own!

Regards,

aka ReaperWolf

--