Re: [DL] [OT] Re: Western Series

Spoilers! Though, for the point of argument, they aren't grim and foreboding spoilers.

Why do so many people see deadlands as simply a dark and foreboding setting? It's a dark humor, and if you need any proof, take the following fact into consideration:

There's an undead gunslinging super secret agent Abe Lincoln in the setting.

Allan Seyberth wrote:

Also speaking of Bruce, I think we should lodge a
formal protest if he's not in the Deadlands movie. :-)

Has it been a year already?

:-)

Seriously, I'm not certain that Bruce could do the grim horror bit.  He is
awesome as the snarky hero type, but I've always seen Deadlands as a dark and
forbidding setting - more High Plains Drifter than Paint Your Wagon.

Now - Jack Palance. . . the man IS harrowed.