Re: RE: [DL] Newbie help

Thanks for all the comments!  I'd like to tell you what I decided, but
the night's still a bit of a blur due to all the drinking. (-:

Really, what happened was I ended up doing a couple of opposed
fightin'; brawlin' rolls.  The one tick who surprised the huckster
(the rest of the party hadn't seen 'em yet, nor had they begun
blasting away) managed to insert himself down the unlucky Irishman's
gullet, but the hexslinger' had the piece of mind to down the horribly
viscous fluid they had previously found and only suffered a couple of
wound's worth of damage after the ugly thing came back up (he promptly
took to playing solitaire, leaving the rest of his posse to deal with
blastin' the critters all to hell).

I did a lot of fudging after that, as it was getting late and I needed
to wrap up the scenario, and the night had already proven successful:
the posse had all established their characters, grouped together, and
encountered their first bit of the weird that is the west.

Things I need to re-read: Combat damage (got confused by wind and
wounds).  Fannin' (damn gunslingers). Hexslingin' (although that
didn't go off too bad).

glen