Re: [DL] Territory 51

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 16:18:19 -0400 jaygilham@adelphia.net writes:
> Subject: [DL] Territory 51
>
> Hi there,
>
> Has anybody picked up the Territory 51 comic by Lawdog comics?  I
> saw it at the comics store but wanted to hear a review first.

Its pretty cool. I picked up the first copy at the recent San Diego Comic
Con, and actually got to talk to the writer James Heffron for a few
minutes. I mentioned Deadlands to them, and he said a couple other people
had as well. Despite the similarity in title and setting to DL, though,
it's not like he's ripping Shane off or anything. He actually had never
heard of DL before he started. Its not supernatural at all, and the
horror elements are more along the lines of "Alien" and "The Hidden"...
ie: Sci-Fi based. Okay, all that said, I enjoyed the book. The story is
interesting, although the characters seem a bit like cardboard cutouts.
The art is good, though the artist needs a little more variety in his
layout work, as the framing was visually repetetive. Hope this helps!

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!