Re: [DL] Accademia Occult

Howdy all,

Actually, I believe the average person in the American West would have a fair hold of what supernatural monsters were -- thanks to such potboilers as "Varney the Vampire" an "Wagner the Wher-Wolf" both of which came out in the 1840s. And it is also kind of hard to over to look the fact that some train companies were tossing mummies into their engines -- a practice that Mark Twain observed and commented on ("The conductor said, 'Throw me down one them kings, these plebeians don't burn like ****!'")

Also, belife in vampirism was so prevelanet they were writing articles on it as late as 1895.