Re: [DL] Re: Casrt Iron Arms

--- Michael Robert Blair <pellinoire@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I think cast iron might be difficult to repair as
> well, I don't think it welds at all easily. It is a
> cheap and common material, almost the Victorian
> equivalent of plastic.
> Michael

Cast iron is, well, cast.  It's poured into molds
while in a liquid state.  Repairing it would be much
more difficult because you'd have to heat and alter a
single part of a structure that was designed to be one
solid piece.

Replacing would be easier if the mold is fairly
common, but cast-iron augmentation?  Very unlikely.
It's too heavy and too solid; the arm's various joints
need to be able to move freely.

Marguerite

=====
Alea Iacta Est!