Re: [DL] Group Antics

On Nov 22, 2004, at 7:37 PM, Justin Baldwin wrote:

play hardball. If the posse is being a bunch of jerks then have to town form a little vigilante committee for a necktie party for the offending cowpokes. They will either have to shoot their way out of town, which will attract the attension of the law or perhaps the Reckoners. Or they will die and their new cowpokes may be nicer people. Don't let a posse ruin your adventure

Should I get the opportunity to run Deadlands again, I plan on mentioning a definite 'moral code' as part of my pre-game intro during character creation.

Basically, I'm running with the idea that the Golden rule does, in this case, have power. If players are nice, NPCs will be nice. If players are bandits (a campaign starter I've considered running) the response from the Law will vary depending on their behavior. if they remain gentlemanly and hafe (and follow) flaws like the Law of the West then the law will send one or two agents (Texas Rangers, U.S. Marshals, etc.) after them who will try to capture them with non-lethal methods. if they are murderers or worse, they will have to deal with sneaky SoBs who consider sniping and overwhelming numbers fair game. Of course, shooting Things That Should Not Be is fair game and an exception to these rules...

--
Brett