Re: [DL] Learning new hexes

From: "Nick Zachariasen" <zacharin@pluto.dsu.edu>
To: <deadlands@gamerz.net>
Subject: Re: [DL] Learning new hexes
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 18:17:45 -0600

I have books that cover both the new and old rules for Hucksters, so I'm
trying to get some clarification. I understand how the Hexslingin' aptitude
is used, but how does a Huxster gain new hexes? The old way was canned
because it was so expensive, but I can't find a good explanation of the new
way.

Basically, it works like a Blessed with a new Miracle. You pay the 5 Bounty (and study, of course) to get the new Hex. You then cast the Hex at the level of your Hexslingin' Aptitude instead of it having its own individual level. For instance, you no longer have Phantom Fingers 3, Soul Blast 5, Shadow Walk 1, etc. You just have your Hexslingin' level and all your Hexes work at that level.

Nick Zachariasen

Of course, you still have to FIND it, then learn it or have someone teach it to you...