Re: [DL] virus alert DO NOT OPEN A FILE FROM DEADLANDS LIST.

I received 2 of them, deleted them both
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, June 26, 2005 5:08 PM
Subject: [DL] virus alert DO NOT OPEN A FILE FROM DEADLANDS LIST.

this isn't a spam warning about something i read or someone told me they we read or were told.

i received a file from 'deadlands' mailed to 'deadlands' and it contained a virus.

when i opened the program, because it looked like all the other downloads for files and such that are sent to the list; it opened paint. there was no picture, just a blank white box, like something got cut and the wrong part was mailed.

it disabled my norton and fragged it that i couldn't restart it, uninstall it, enable it or access it. i couldn't restore windows to a previous date.

i went to symantec home page and ran the scan there.  it thought i had 1 of the new worms out, but it couldn't find it for sure.

i had reinstall norton. luckily i had a newer version and locked my firewall so it couldn't be sent out.