[HoE] [LC] Lost colony setting

I realize that the HOE book provides precious little information on the Lost
Colony setting to be released in 2000.

However, I get the feeling that it's going to be some kind of Earth 2 type
setting with stranded colonists on one alien world.

I was hoping that Lost Colony would be more of a space opera.  You know,
starfaring humans meeting/greeting/defeating a variety of alien
civilizations.  It could be designed to approximate the Westward Expansion
(except it'd be the Spaceward Expansion) of the US.  High tech humans
crossing vast wilderness and taking over primitive territories.  Except
instead of heading west, we'd head in 360 degrees.   And instead of
conquering everyone, we'd bump up against some powerful alien civilizations
and be forced to use (gasp) diplomacy.

What does everyone think about this?  Would you prefer a single-world, lost
in space, scenario, or a space opera?