Re: [HoE] Throckmorton's automatons?

Don Schniepp wrote:

>      Ok, this has been bugging me since I first read it.  This is a
> mouthful.  There's got to be some hidden secret here that we are missing
> that's staring us in the face.  I spent a bit of time yesterday trying to
> spell out Hellstromme using "Throckmorton's Automatons" to no avail.  I'm
> sure I will kick myself when I find out the secret here.  Does the name
> Throckmorton mean anything to anyone?

Throckmorton means something to me, but it's related to a different game.

In the game, On the Edge, there's a man named Throckmorton who created the
Throckmorton device which retroactively changed time to make him the ruler of
the world.  Anyone that didn't conform to his worldview was summarily
crushed.  It was a very mind-trippy thing....children would be born and named
after him (even before he was born), for example.  Time itself would change
in subtle ways around the PCs.  :)  It was great.

When I first saw the name "Throckmorton" I thought "Uh-oh, someone's been
playing On the Edge," but I didn't mention anything.  :)

Marshal "Master of obscure games" Nightchilde