[HoE] Wormling Origin Thoughts

<SPOILERS>

<Okay, you were warned.>
	After examining all the currently available info on Wormlings, I'm
really starting to get curious as to how these suckers came about. We're
pretty sure they descended from the Rattlers of the Wierd West... but
there's a critical step in the evolutionary chain between the Rattlers and
the structure of a Wormling hive.
	So, a couple of theories: 1) Wormlings were the result of a mad
scientist trying to tame the Rattlers. (Low probablity due to lack of mad
science after 2063.) 2) Wormlings were a military experiment to create
stronger soldiers for either the last war, or the war on Faraway. The
'creation virus' is a genetically engineered virus created as part of this
program. Eventually deemed a failure, the project was shut down shortly
before the bombs dropped. Unfortunately, before the results of the project
could be destroyed, the last war came to an end and/or the wormlings
escaped. (Moderate probability - potentially sound theory, but suffers
from severe lack of supporting evidence.)
	Anyone have any other thoughts?

| John Higginbotham                 |	"I want to stand                  |
| jahiggin@starlink.com             |	On my own two feet                |
| john.higginbotham@na.manpower.com |	And never                         |
| 12609@ef.gc.maricopa.edu          |	Touch the ground"         	  |
| Phoenix, Arizona, USA             |    		- Echo Brahe      |