Re: [HoE] A broken relic...

Fuzyn9feet wrote:

> A player of mine got the relic a an arcane background and of course I gave
> him a sword (he's a Templar) but he feels that for a sense of the Wasted
> West it should have the about an inch or so broken off the end. I thought
> that I would put some feelers  out to you guys and see what you thought. So
> how do you feel...

> Christopher,

My first question would be when was the relic "created" -- durring the
apocalypse ar before?   If, for example, the sword was infused with some kind
of power as a Templar gave his life fighting mutants, a broken blade might be
good.  If the Templar was from the 12th Century, it might be less likely.  Then
again, a quest into a museum for a historical blade which is broken but
associated with someone might be good too.   Make the blade's breaking part of
the relic's creation.

Alternately, make the physical sword broken but its essence whole.  Spiritual
damage (I haven't gotten HoE yet, so this may not be the correct approach) in
the "ghost" section and physical elsewhere.

Just a couple of thoughts.

Matt
--
Matthew M. DeForrest, Ph.D.         Adjunct Professor of Communications and
Adjunct Professor of English           Adjunct Professor of English

"Let him be just and deal kindly with my people, for the dead are not
powerless.  Dead - I say?  There is no death.  Only a change of worlds."  Chief
Seattle, "Our Poeple are Ebbing Away like a Receding Tide," 1855.