Re: [HoE] Six String Samurai

On Fri, 2 Oct 1998, David Pearson wrote:

> Well, I saw Six String Samurai last night. It was quite an...unusual movie.
> My only problems with it were the references to the Wizard of Oz, and

Really?  I just accepted that as part of the cracked-out atmosphere.

The part that bugged *me* was that annoying preverbal kid...

> the most dissatisfying ending since Fist of The North Star. On the other
> hand, it is chock full of ideas for villains and Archetypes. I can't
> wait to hit someone with the Windmill People.

Yeah. It *is* a very inconsistent movie (and I think it starts pretty
poorly), but I've seen many worse, and it *is* a pretty interesting little
world.  Make an interesting HoE variant (less obviously bombed-out-- most
of the troubles seem to be economic rather than environmental (that is,
people can't find too much food, shelter or equipment, but they're not
usually dying of the glows), maybe.

Joe
------
It's just a game. Try to remember.  http://acs1.bu.edu:8001/~arie/rpg.html
"Starman is just getting more and more formalized, like some demented
noh play about superheros." -- Bryant Durrell