Re: [HoE] Firearms [SHANE]

-----Original Message-----
From: pete rogers <peterogers@hotmail.com>
To: hoe@gamerz.net <hoe@gamerz.net>
Date: Monday, October 05, 1998 4:39 AM
Subject: [HoE] Firearms [SHANE]

>second up - the law dog archetype has a Colt Peacemaker, how common
>would antique weapons be. and the illustration of the archetype shows
>the Peacemaker has been modernised a tad - would these antiques have
>continued production long after The Real World(TM) dates ?

    I'm not Shane, but I was pondering this very question earlier this
morning, and came to the conclusion that "Old West" era guns, specifically:
revolvers, have a whole lot less springs and such.  Easier to maintain,
easier to fix and clean.  You might have to fan it to get it to shoot fast,
and it probably has less ammo than a normal SA pistol, but it's still make a
great hold-out piece or "heaavy shooter," a la Lord Humongous' "Big Honkin'
Gun" out of _The Road Warrior._  Pefect for holing armor plate on the front
of those rascally semi-trucks.

--Eric