Re: [HoE] Firearms [SHANE]

>>second up - the law dog archetype has a Colt Peacemaker, how common
>>would antique weapons be. and the illustration of the archetype shows
>>the Peacemaker has been modernised a tad - would these antiques have
>>continued production long after The Real World(TM) dates ?
>

>    I'm not Shane, but I was pondering this very question earlier this
>morning, and came to the conclusion that "Old West" era guns,
specifically: >revolvers, have a whole lot less springs and such.
Easier to maintain, >easier to fix and clean.  You might have to fan it
to get it to shoot fast, >and it probably has less ammo than a normal SA
pistol, but it's still make a >great hold-out piece or "heaavy shooter,"
a la Lord Humongous' "Big Honkin' >Gun" out of _The Road Warrior._
Pefect for holing armor plate on the front >of those rascally
semi-trucks.

>--Eric

hmm - good point. i've had another thought as well (must be on drugs)

if popular designs through the ages can still be acquired - then
someones just going to have to start putting in write ups for these
antique gems :) the adventure in the rad screen gives us the stats for
the Thompson SMG - so how about we start pitching in stats for -

Colt M1911 .45
M16A1
M60
L1A1
SA80
Erma MP40
Uzi
Ingram MAC10
Desert Eagle
AK47 & derivatives
Franchi Spas Shotgun
Luger 9mm parabellum

etc etc. come on guys - post up the stats for your favoutire firearm
thhrough the ages !  :)

pete 'would be a gun nut but for UK gun laws' rogers