Re: [HoE] [hoe] Ammo Sizes

>A few anomalies have presented themselves to my attention as I was
>reviewing the HOE rulebook and the Radiation Screen, and I have a few
>questions:
>1: Does the NA Commando really use 5.56 ammo? It seems highly unlikely,
>given that the listed damage is only 3d6 - the same as a 9mm round,
>while the NA Assault rifle is also listed as having 5.56 rounds, yet it
>does 3d8. A clarification, yes?

>2: Comparably, in the radiation screen adventure "Apocalypse Now", the
>HI SAW is listed as doing 5d10 points o' damage, while the Chain guns
>that the automatons use does 5d8. They both are listed as using 12mm
>caseless ammo. What's the story here?

Just because two rounds have the same diameter does not mean that they are the
same. For example, the Type 51 Pistol, the AK-47 and the Dragunov SVD, all fire
a 7.62mm round. But none of them are any where near the same. The Type 51 fires
a 7.62 x 25mm, the AK-47 fires a 7.62 x 39mm, and the Dragunov fires a 7.62 x
54mm round.

Eric Young