Re: [HoE] Gunslinger archetype [Hal]

-----Original Message-----
From: Oliver Morris <oliver_morris@email.msn.com>
To: HOE <hoe@gamerz.net>
Date: Tuesday, October 20, 1998 1:13 PM
Subject: [HoE] Gunslinger archetype [Hal]

>The gunslinger in HoE is listed as having HI weapons.  Now correct me if
I'm
>wrong but I though Throckmorten had chipped all of these - so how has the
>gunslinger got his mitts on these?
>
>Oliver

    From what I've gathered from list posts, HI was a major weapons maker
before the ghost-bombs fell, kinda like a Smith & Wesson, Colt, etc.  When
Throckmorton took over, he took over the Denver plant (there may be
others...) and made sure all guns produced after he came to power were
chipped.  Guns that are from the  pre-Throckmorton period work fine without
chips, and they made many guns.
    What this means in simple terms is that the players cannot snag any
Black Hat weaponry.  Anything else with an HI label is fair game.  If
there's another HI plant out there, they can produce HI weapons that are
non-chipped.  But such a place would be rare, and begging for a visit from
the Black Hats.
    --Eric