[HoE] Caseless ammo and modern weapons

-----Original Message-----
From: DarrinBrig@aol.com
>They are cased.  Throckmorton's goons are the ONLY ones in the Wasted West
>use caseless ammo.  HI does not mean caseless

I find it very hard to believe that caseless ammo is not a lot more popular
100 years from now. There are far too many advantages to caseless ammo, and
the technology to do it is almost perfected now. Caseless ammo is lighter,
cheaper to manufacture, reduces weapon maintenance, etc.... Granted,
currently the only weapon using caseless ammo is the H&K G11 K2. But I know
this will change in 100 years.
Which brings me to my next topic, modern weapons. Why are all the weapons
in HOE basically the same as current issue weapons? This is 100 years in
the future and all of the weapons are using 1950's technology! Where are
all the flechette weapons? The US Army has had their SPIW (Special Purpose
Individual Weapon) project in development since the late 50's. This was the
result of a DOD contract in which AAI was asked in May of 1956 to began a
study on the effectiveness of flechettes. Nine months later, AAI's study
concluded a .65 gram(10 grain) flechette fired at 1220 meters per
second(4000 feet per second) had the same effectiveness as the 9.8 gram(150
grain) bullet fired from the M1 Rifle.
What about the more recent ACR (Advanced Combat Rifle), in the late 80's to
early 90's, and OICW (Objective Individual Combat Weapon), started in the
mid 90's, Projects?
By the way, for those of you who do not know, the purpose of the OICW
project is to develop a rifle capable of firing conventional 5.56mm
ammunition with a new breed of 20mm "smart" air-bursting grenades. A laser
range finder/thermal/close combat optic sight is incorporated into the
design to allow the firer to place a grenade with pin-point accuracy out to
1000 meters. The thermal portion of the sight's design allows a soldier to
see infra-red heat images of enemy personnel through dense fog and/or smoke
or at night. The close combat portion places a red dot in the middle of the
firer's field of view, allowing aiming and firing to be accomplished with
both eyes open.

Certainly in 100 years standard issue weapons will be at least as advanced
as these prototypes...

I guess I'll just have to add them myself.

Can anyone point me towards some good sources of info on the following
weapons:
H&K G11 K2
Steyr ACR
Colt ACR