Re: [HoE] Ronin

Allan Seyberth wrote:

> At 12:24 AM 10/22/1998 EDT, you wrote:
> >AEG & Pinnacle has announce the release of a new RPG magazine called
> Ronin. It
> >will cover Deadlands, Seventh Sea, and Legends of the Five Rings. It will
> >essentially be a house organ. It will appear in the spring of 1999. This is
> >great to hear. Long live Pinnacle!
>
> Seventh Sea?!?
>
> What praytell is Seventh Sea?!?

&th Sea is the new RPG from AEG, a high seas pirates game the previewed
at their GEN CON booth, no real info yet, just that it's coming out in
the spring. Sounds....interesting, I might get it, I try not to double
up on genres and I have yet to own a pirate RPG.

> And - will Ronin be covering Deadlands.... or Doomtown, or both?

Probably won't cover Doomtown, that's FRPG's, I suspect it was created
so AEG can do more support to L5R, without comprimising the integrity of
Shadis. Some time back I remember reading about AEG promising not to
review for L5R in it, and limiting their own advertising and articles
about their games in it. Sounds good to me, someone has the guts not to
spoil a good indy RPG mag.

As for Ronin... I can't wait. Hmmmm..... I wonder if they'll accept
submissions? There's enough talent on this list alone to keep it in
print for years.

Chris "Kissing the whole lists butt today" Aniballi