Re: [HoE] Wasted West Archetypes:The Kid.

She has a gun.  She's bound to pop off a few shots during an adventure.
One of the grownups in the party could show her how to point it in the
right direction.  She obviously has a great deal of natural talent.
Where's the problem?  She may not pick up the aptitude between the first
game session or two but I don't see how she cannot get it after the first
adventure.  It's a survival thing, for her AND those around her when she
whips out the thing.

Please don't misunderstand me here.  I am NOT in any way trying to
validate the character.  I still think that it is a ridiculous archtype
and am using the above as an example of the wierdness of the character.
This CHILD is just as strong, as quick, and has more vigor than the
Librarian and the Postman (well, the Postman is one die Quicker).  And a
character that should be in the awkward stages of youth is more Nimble
and Deft than the adult Librarian (by TWO die types) and beats out all
the other Templates in the Wasted West book in at least one of the two.
Please!  You can attribute deft youths these days to video games at
least, or loud music (no wait, that's DEAF youths ;p ) but I doubt if she
has seen anything more advanced than that gun she is carrying in her
life.

Templar Simon
"No, the end with the hole points at the monsters!"