Re: [HoE] Plague Child ?

>> >Which leads me to a question.  My husband and I have kicked
>> around the
>> concept >that what would horrify someone from, say, the
>> 1890's, wouldn't
>> make much of >an impression on the media-jaded person of the 90's.
>> Would you modify the >effects of "terror" depending on the
>> life a person
>> led prior to being in the >posse, i.e. a soldier not being
>> that bothered
>> by what would give a accountant >cardiac arrest.
>> >
>> >velkyn
>>

>I don't know.  Seeing Ahnold shove a steam pipe through someone's chest on
>The Big Screen (tm) is a little different than seeing it in real life
(NO,
>I haven't seen anything like this)

yeah, there's less blood in real life(TM). Being a Special Police Officer
and an EMT I have seen these things (and much worse). You should see the
look on a rookie's face when he rolls up on his first scene... I suppose I
was the same way when I first started out, but it's definitely something
you get used to (or learn how to block out) or you don't last long. That's
why we all have such a twisted sense of humor, it's a defense mechanism.

Eric