Re: [HoE] Re: Tech Level

Eric Young wrote:

> That's exactly my point though. I'm not looking for a substantial
> change,
> just some change. I don't want everyone running around with phasers,
> but
> for the most part the weapons listed in HOE are all 1950's
> technology.

Yeah, but I think HoE is meant more as "down 'n' dirty" game than as a
John Woo style game.  Lower tech levels work better, and the less modern
weapons fit the genre more smoothly.  For instance, if you're going to
advance weaponry 100 yrs, then shouldn't you also advance medical
treatment 100 yrs?  I mean, shouldn't there be some new technologies
that would have survived?    The problem is, if you start upping the
tech level on too many things, the game is less of a Wasted Western than
it is Twilight 2100... and that's just a whole different genre.

Steve S.