[HoE] First Game

Well, my posse went through its first adventure on Saturday. We played
through Leftovers. I won't go into play by play, but I wanted to describe
the characters and what I noticed playing.
First off, we has a Syker pyro who managed to draw the Ace of Spades, the
Ace of Hearts, and the Red Joker on his first try. Considering how often he
used Arson, I gotta make a few fireproof abominations. I also have a
Templar/sniper who got cursed by VotWW and didn't realise until he started
combat that he only has a d6 deftness, so is now trying to scrounge up 24
points to raise it a level. Finally, we have a tinker/tale-teller, who's
essentially our noncombatant. He got "Doppleganger" for a mystrious past,
so I decided he looks like "that guy from that show, you know, the one who
did that thing?"
Anyway, I wanted to mention things I noticed in play.
1. Arson is probably the most powerful of "spells" its the only burst spell
that has a small enough radius to work in close combat.
2. Even when I pulled the punches of the Guts rolls (I reduced the number
of scart dice rolled based on how close they came to passing.) they were
still pretty nasty.
3. I have to have things attack from ambush more often, and have things
knock out their A-Team van too. It was a little anticlimactic to have them
drive off after they tricked the Devourer and to not have it able to attack
them.
4. A red dot laser sight is a great positive modifier to intimidation
rolls.
Lane Pearson