Re: [HoE] First Game

> Just to point out the thing with drawing cards, i think it is unfair
> because it unbalances the characters from the start, and that might get
> some players jealous. What i did was that i looked on the templates and
> noticed that almost all had the same trait dices ( 1xd12, 2xd10, 2xd8 and
> 5xd6) what u do now is you draw cards to find out the number of dice to the
> traits they get, my PC's was very positive to this.
>
> As for your other problems, i havent been playing HOE very long, but either
> u get help here or discuss it with your PC's...
>
> //Ragna

I on the other hand let my players deal out four piles of 13.
They're allowed to look at each pile, and if they choose one
with a joker they deal the remaining (two) cards for
coordination. This way, they're allowed to choose if they
really want mutations or hidden backgrounds (or both, like
my junker-player) or none (like my Librarian-player).
No redealing, everything more or less balances out. Sure,
the chance exists for one pile to have stupendous stats, but
most PCs should be smart enough not to abuse the system
(considering that it's easy to make HOE lifespans only
marginally longer than CoC...)

-- Alex