Re: [HoE] [HOE] Gun stuff

In a message dated 2/3/99 8:29:02 PM Eastern Standard Time, IronPen@aol.com
writes:

> Do all the gun modification from Law Dogs in DL (guns of quality, etc) still
>  exist in HoE?  That is, can I get a submachine gun of quality, or an
officer's
>  sidearm of quality?

I'd say no. Most guns in HOE would have been mass-produced at some point, so
all the parts are going to be pretty much identical.  However, this is a post-
apocalyptic game, and a lot of the equipment stands a good chance of sitting
around for over a decade, collecting dust, or picking up radiation.  The
"weapons of quality" would have been worn down to average weapons through use
and abuse.  So no, allowing such things in HOE would detract from the
atmosphere of the game, I think.

> Do lengthening the barrel and other such things have the
>  same effect, given the increase in gun technology?  Thanks for the help,

I'd say so, though I think it'd be really hard to lengthen the barrel on any
mass-produced weapon. Being able to accurately machine a replacement barrel
would be very tough, though doable if you find the right tools.  If you want
better range, though, I'd just use a stock. Most SMGs come with folding stocks
nowadays, and some of the handguns come with an attachable stock as well.

Cutting down the barrel would work just as well, and you could probably manage
a hair trigger.  Set triggers are really only for hunting rifles.  I can't see
any reason to put a second trigger on a handgun other than try to squeeze a
bonus out of it.