[HoE] From Out of the Mists Comes...DLCG v 1.5

Greetings,

After a long, perilous journey thru the lands of home-buying, hollidays, and
addictive computer games from Interplay, I am happy to announce that a new
version of the Deadlands Character Generator is nearly ready to step out of
the Hunting Grounds onto a PC near you! Currently in final testing, version
1.5 (I skipped one, for those of you who may keep count) has added several
new features, including:

1) A "go-back" option, similar to the HOECG.
2) "Marshal Mode", to allow creation of more experienced PCs and NPCs.
3) All character material from "Law Dogs"
4) All character material from "Ghost Dancers"
5) Metal-mage hexes from "City of Gloom"

My apologies to everyone for the amount of time it took to get this done.
There are still a couple of things missing, like "Book of the Dead" and the
Fu rules from "The Great Maze", but never fear...they'll be coming along
soon. I have also managed to get ahold of the excellent article on Hexagrams
from Steve Long in the November issue of Shadis, and I plan to plug those in
as well.

I'll be finishing up testing over the weekend, and will be sending the
software to PEG Sunday/Monday. Hopefully we will see it posted on their site
in next week's update. Anyone who would like to post it on their own site
should let me know, and I'll send it to you as well.

One thing that several folks have asked for is a way to enter their own
edges/hindrances/etc. in the software. To provide this functionality, I will
be releasing a separate database editor, that will work with both CGs. It
won't take long to do, and I'm starting on it next. As soon as it's ready,
I'll make it available to everyone.

Next up...a major HOECG update, including Wasted West, Brainburners, and
Children of the Atom!

Thanks,
James "you can't begin to imagine how relieved I am now" Cook