Re: [HoE] Question about raising multi-leveled edges...

In a message dated 2/24/99 4:44:43 PM Eastern Standard Time, Disco92@aol.com
writes:

> So the moral of the story is to save up 15 bounty points and buy the 5
> pointer
>  instead of building up the edge slowly, even though it makes less sense.
> That
>  probably means I'll let my players just pay the difference if they want to
> up
>  edges like that.
>
>  Dan "Thumbing his nose at the rules" Stujenske

Actually, I don't think that's legal.  :(
After I left the conference (as in later that night), I thought about that
question.  It would stretch the rules a bit, and you need a "good roleplaying
reason" to raise an edge; it would be hard to think of one.  I just hope you
won't let your players give you good reasons to skip to 5... :)
-Alex