[HoE] Seeing mutilated bodies

     This one has always bugged me personally.  As a player, I once had to
make a Guts check upon seeing a dead horse out in the desert.  Now my
character (in Deadlands) had been fighting in the Civil War before this and
I just don't see how he could possibly see a dead horse, get the
Heeby-Jeebies and maybe even run away in fear and/or lose his lunch.
According to the rules though, he needed to make the Guts check.
     I say ignore it altogether or at least give him a bonus.  Look at the
character's history.  Is he a Vet O' Whatever?  Would he have routinely
seen dead bodies?  Is the body really mutilated?

Don S.