[HoE] Re: Last Crusaders (SPOLIERS)

Oh what a Book! Gah! The first time I've ever finished reading a book
and found myself throwing it away from myself because of the sheer
EVILNESS of it all! Absolute masterpiece of fear inspiring, epic
nastiness! Shane, you have outdone yourself this time!

Okay. Now I can vent freely.
First, let me say the whole Anti-Paladin thing is just beautiful. I've
always had problems with this "Templar heroes" bit. Personally, I
think things are never as a simple as "this bunch of people are good,
this bunch are bad, and we can easily determine who is or isn't". In
any given community there are bound to be people who have differing
shades of morality. I think that most templars, therefore, are an
overly judgemental bunch.
So what happens when a person who thought they were doing the right
thing when they joined comes to this realisation? They sod off. If
they don the black tabard, the Reckoners take over, giving them the
power to do good, yet at the same time, corrupting them in the
process. It's one of the most evil little screw-overs I've ever seen,
and I absolutely adore it.
Second, the whole thing about Simon's past (and, more importantly, his
FUTURE) is absolutely epic and inspired. The whole Baphomet thing?
Just spectacular! A superb little head-kicker which is going to to
shock my posse something chronic! I can't wait for "The Boise Horror".
I'm anticipating it more than I was the "Fortress of Fear"!
I recommend this book for any Marshal out there. Don't even think of
letting your players look at the back of this little doozy of a book.
I'm pretty firm about not letting people see the back of books, but I
have never been as fanatical about any book as I have been about this
one. I can't wait until they find out the hard way.
Anyhow, I think this is the best book put out for Hell on Earth to
date. It's more than just a "more powers for the posse" book. I know
the others weren't like that either, but this one, from a Marshal's
perspective, has POTENTIAL just glistening off the pages. SPECTACULAR!
Just one small peeve: in my book, pages 33 and 40 have been smeared
somewhat. No biggie, but a small detraction had to be present so
people wouldn't think you're paying me to write this ;).
Anyway, keep up the good work.
Reuben "Still Recovering" McCallum