[HoE] Deadlands question

My problem is servitors.
	The concept: excellent
	The kinds of villians created using these: excellent

The problemo,
	I'm having a hard time thinking of ways for parties to find out
how to kill them!  I've had my party run into two (well, one and a half
but I'll get to that) but I'm loath for the party to meet these vile
spawns because I'm afraid of doing the same old gags or just handing the
party the technique.

	(kinda a lame one, but since everyone else is putting spoiler
warnings, so will I).

	When the party faced down the S-mart Overlord, they did exactly
what I wanted them to do.  They attempted an assassination attempt and
S-mart just beat them up after five bullets to the head, and this left
the party thinking "Oh dear".
	In short, I had a spirit take tha party on a spirit quest which
was essentially an interactive guide to the life of S-mart overlord.
From that, they had to figure a way to kill him.  Even then, they picked
the wrong way (raw pacificism, they felt sevitor of War destroyed by
peace), and I let it work because I liked the logic.  And the dialogue of
the PC as S-mart was advancing towards him with the Axe was immortal!
Shoulda given him an extra chip for NOT saying "If you kill me I will
become more powerful than you could ever imagine".

	For the second one, they had to head this guy off at the pass and
kill him before he did that final act that turned him into a servitor.
It was fun as Pestilence subtly protected the villain but couldn't get in
there proper because he wasn't a servitor yet.

	And I'm runnin out of ways to find out how to kill them.  Did the
'vision', did the 'kill before he becomes a servitor'.  And the way in
the Last crusaders adventure just seemed to me to be handing the party
the solution, and I dislike handing it to them that blatantly.  How have
your parties learned how to kill these things?