Re: [HoE] character types

>> going to be starting my HoE marshalling career with Hell or High Water...my
>> party will be a Templar, a Templar Grundy (ewww) a Harrowed who is a
>> Companion, a Banshee Syker with the Dragons, and a Lector Hekant Doomsayer.
>Y'know, I miss the days when Posses consisted of at least one
>(relatively) normal human for every one with one of the arcane edges...
>Most of the games I run where the players make characters inevitably
>ends up with the phrases "Okay, I'll be the templar of the party, who
>wants to play the syker?".  Sometimes I think they need to be reminded
>that these things are relatively rare and are sometimes rather cautious
>to work with each other.  This isn't a complaint to anyone in
>particular, but I was just wondering if i was the only one who felt

well, one of my two weird west posses has a "Normie" (albiet one with a
Knack)  and Hell on Earth game I play in has one as well.  While it may
just be my perception, It looks like it would be harder to play a HoE with
non-supernatural if for no other reason then because its hard enuff to
survive in a small town much less an adventurer.  but then I have more
experience with WW then HoE

as for cautious, this party is less (the players essentially played
"friendly" character types, esp the Templars and dragon) but my weird west
game (without the normie) 2 of the PCs, a Martial Artist and Mad Scientist
were reluctant to deal with the "evil" magic of the southern belle Huckster.

TBS