Re: [HoE] [HOPLER] The Phil. Kid *some possible spoilers*

At 02:41 PM 6/29/99 PDT, you wrote:
>Again, while rereading the Children of the Atom book (always a dangerous
>past time), we noticed something...
>

>*SPOILER SPACE*

>It's noted that the Philadelphia Kid is _real_ good at jumping.  Mad Jack
>certainly describes him that way (page 34).  But...his stats don't seem to
>indicate anything of the sort (page 102).  In fact, his Nimbleness and his
>Strength (the two things you think would be most useful for jumping) are
>just a tad above average at best.  Neither he or Blue Note seem to actually
>have anything power-wise that would make him a good jumper.
>
>Speaking of which...how do folks know that the Kid is a Doomsayer, anyway?
>Granted, he wears purple and has the Omega sign on his chest.  But in fact,
>he actually doesn't seem to have any...well, visible Doomsayer-type powers.
>All he's got is Sustenance and Tolerance.  And yet Joan and her folks are
>suspicious of where he got his powers (again, page 102).  Ummm, what powers?
>  How do they know he has any powers?  Sustenance and Tolerance aren't
>exactly what you'd call high-profile stuff.
>
>I suppose the Kid just wanders around the Wastelands Toleratin' people, but
>this doesn't seem to jibe with his normal tactics.  But me, I'd be wondering
>if he actually _was_ a Doomsayer, rather than how he got whatever alleged
>powers he has...
>
>---
>
>Steve Crow
>
>"Worm Can Opener Extraordinare"

The thing is, he doesn't have to even _be_ a doomsayer.  It's the story
that counts.  Blue Note has a pretty good Performin' skill, though I can't
remember what it is.   He travels the Wastes, and tells tales of the Kid's
heroic deeds.  If anyone gets too close, or too nosey, I'm sure 'Note offs
'em pretty fast....

-DG

 - INSERT - SIGNATURE - FILE - HERE -