the West to Gung-fu, but to me, that's a minor detail relative to the
strength of his characters.  After watching Hard Boiled, it may be an
action letdown to watch A Better Tomorrow, but watch it closely.  There
is a lot more character development getting to the heart of the matter.
As someone already pointed out, it's about Brotherhood and Loyalty.

On a side note, there is a comic book that I highly recommend called
Planetary.  It's a Wildstorm Universe book, now put out by DC instead
of Image.  The book is about a paranormal investigative team.  Issue
#3 is a must for Hong Kong action cinema fans.  It's about a ghost of
a murdered cop who is seeking righteous revenge against those that
betrayed and killed him.  Check it out.  So, maybe along those lines,
CYF could be Saint of "Furious Anger and Great Vengeance."

If you really think about it, that title should belong to Clint Eastwood
who has, on numerous occasions, played "The Man With No Name."  So again,
we need to find a concept that fits CYF's characters, but at the same
time can not be rightfully claimed by another more famous or more
influential person, in life or fiction.

Third, let's talk about Mifune.  Although on film and TV he has
portrayed Miyamoto Musashi, one of the greatest swordsman Japan has
ever known, not all of his roles are great swordsmen.  Some of them
are even poor swordsmen, peasants that took up the sword but with
no great skill, just great luck and persevearance.  Also, Mifune is
only known for his samurai movies but has, infact, played many other
dramatic roles.  However, to the Western world, he is known for his
samurai movies.

If you want an asian who is a great fictional swordsman, it's probably
better to pick Ogami (character name) who has been played by several
actors now.  You might recognize him better as Lone Wolf and Cub, the
Shogun's executioner who becomes a ronin and a killer.

Well, looking back on what I wrote, it's not much help but I hope
you can use some of the ideas.

Bertman