Re: [HoE] HoE Coup Collecting

> > Can a single person benefit from multiples of the same Coup?
>
>Hmmm... that's a good question.  I'd probably let my players get away with
>it.  Partly because I'm a nice guy; partly because they'll be dead soon
>anyway (high turnover rate); partly because they earned it.  You kill it
>someone has to get it.
>
>But then, what if all the characters had the coup already.  What would
>happen to it then?  I guess I'll have to cross that bridge when it
>happens, none of my characters have ever succeeded in killing something
>that warrented coup.  In a way I feel kind of cheated because of it.

Quite a few supernatural beasties have coup, even those that aren't
Fearmongers (i.e., the lead dog of a Dog O'War pack, Lurkers).

The other question would be, if you disallow "stacking", would the person
who already gained the coup still get to roll and would the coup be lost if
he was the one who won it?

I can't imagine this couldn't have happened to some folks.  Any group with a
Doomsayer is going to be hunted by...well, Doombringers and their attendant
mobs of Grundies and Vengants (green-Doomsayers seem a lesser bet - the
impression CotA gives is that they don't usually engage in these kind of
blow-em-up seek-and-destroy missions).  I'd think killing two Doombringers
over the course of a couple of months of game time seems a pretty likely
possibility under those conditions.

---

Steve Crow

"Worm Can Opener Extraordinare"