Re: [HoE] Cyborg/Junker Question

><<  But if you can do that, why can't you do that with a bullet or car
>(i.e.,
>   build a Car requiring 9 Frame size, but miniaturize it down to a
>   motorcycle-sized Size 7)>>
>
>The main reason for not being able to mini the bullets is that their size
>directly impacts the damage.  As for vehicles, I'd handle it by counting
>the

Wouldn't the size of a cyber-arm directly impact its Strength?  It's hard to
imagine a skinny little Frame-2 wire-thin arm doing STR 4d12+4...  :)

I'm also not sure that the size of bullets would directly impact the damage,
although (again) I don't have the Junker book right here.  There are ways to
modify a small bullet to do disporportionately more damage *heh*.  In fact,
some of them are mentioned in the Wasted West book.

That's why I wasn't sure where the Junker sourcebook was going with that
size-to-impact arguement.

>total slots that can possibly be shrunk, doing miniaturize from that total,
>then
>counting in the unminiaturized number of slots for controls and passenger
>space.

That would be my approach as well, although the Junker SB words it more as
an absolute ban (i.e., you can't miniaturize a car at all) rather than
simply preventing you from miniaturizing the non-passenger/control aspects
of a car.

Again, this might seem like "common sense" or "use your imagination" but I
often find that when a sourcebook's or rulebook's statements contradict
"common sense," there's usually a reason the authors intended.  In this
case, the author's reasoning escapes me in certain cases...

>--
From Whom It May Concern,
>Richard Ranallo, The Man They Couldn't Hang

---

Steve Crow

"Worm Can Opener Extraordinare"

Check out my website at:  http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Stargate/4991/