[HoE] Roadwarriors/Mad Max

<<Who's misconception is this?
  Are you suggesting that John and Shane don't understand the genre
  (composed of all of two movies) and their game is wrong?
  It's one thing to say that you prefer your game with less
  car-mounted guns, but to say that creators of the game and the rest of us
  are misguided fools is... well, it's just not right.>>

Whoa!
I never said anyone was playing the game wrong.  I said a lot of people have
misconceptions about the Mad Max movies.  I don't have a problem with what
things show up in the game; this is PEG's deal, and is a totally seperate
thing.  Now, if PEG had come out with Mad Max: The Roleplaying Game, and devoted
as much book-space to mounting big guns on cars as they did here, I'd complain.
HoE was inspired by a huge variety of sources, and the Mad Max series was only
one piece of the pie.  I was only stating that I prefer things more "Road
Warrior" and less "Deathrace 2000."  I was only pointing out that for many
people, mentioning the Mad Max films brings up images that are more like Car
Wars than what was actually in the movies.

And it was 3 movies, not 2.
--
From Whom It May Concern,
Richard Ranallo, The Man They Couldn't Hang

Your money talks, but my genius walks
Morticians wait with a shovel and a fork
As detectives trace my hands with chalk
Your money talks but my genius walks.
--They Might Be Giants, "You'll Miss Me"