Re: [HoE] Mutieborgs!

Doug Stalker wrote:

> Although to give the Unisols credit, there were being activly kept subjugated.  Most
> HoE cyborgs were unable to break free of their AI untill after the Big Bang when
> their AI's stopped being repaired and updated.  Every time you fight the AI it
> weakens a bit, but the base techs would fix it up for you.

From what I can remember of UniSol, it seemed that it was pretty much the same deal, but
the soldiers were helped slightly by the fact that the techs and top brass seemed to
consider it an impossibility that the soldier's original personality actually survived.
But then again, they were put on ice right after every mission.

> Another thing to consider is that teh UniSols were in constant communication with
> their controllers, who gave them orders as needed.  This provided a solution to the
> no-inititive problem of automatons, which in HoE was surpassed by given Cyborgs free
> will and then imposing enough restrictions on them that is they didn't do what you
> wanted they were badly punnished.

IIRC, the unisols had a degree of free will as well, by which I mean they didn't have to
be told "Fire a three round burst into the man on the left then sidestep to the right" -
it was just that they had to follow orders. They weren't remote control soldiers - they
were given a general set of orders to follow, including rules of engagement, and those
orders were updated by the commanding officer as the mission proceeded if necessary.

> IMO HoE cyborgs shuld be able to rip UniSols into little peices without effort, but
> maybe I just want to see Jean-Claude killed.

I tend to agree - the advantage the unisols had was that they felt no pain, and were
already dead, so they could do all sorts of things regular people couldn't. The unisols
are probably equivalent to a lightly equipped infiltrator in terms of systems.

Nick