[HoE] No TSR Bashing Here...Well not much

>But I'm going to jeopardize your opinion of me by disagreeing with TSR. I
>wrote many books for them, and it was always handed down from on high to
make
>each book as inclusive as possible. You were only allowed to require the
>Player's Handbook, DMG, and whatever main campaing setting you were working
>in (Dark Sun and Ravenloft for me). You could mention required books, but
>could never require them.

A little butt kissing...That must be why I like Dark Sun so much.

>I think the TSR bashing days should stop. They're really a good bunch of
>people, and they're gamers just like you and me. Even the execs. (Peter
>Atkinson himself was running 4 AD&D games a night for a long time over the
>last few years.)

I followed the herd (bah, bah) because I could never get a feel for the
world. Too vague in my opinion. I recently got into a game and discovered
Dark Sun (guess I'm too late there) which made me look at the other world
books (like Birthright [again I get on the bus a little late]) and found
flushed out worlds. Sense then I've found I like what's been going on over
there. So I guess what I'm trying to say is if you really look at what they
are doing now it not as easy to bash them.

Little more butt kissing...Though D&D can't compare Deadlands & HoE (mostly
cuz I'm not that in to medieval fantasy)

Christopher Merrill
W.H.A.T.T. Member