Re: [HoE] Re: My Templar Killed Stone...(IMO)

>From: Fuzyn9feet <Fuzyn9feet@email.msn.com>
>

>> In the game I've been running sense last August (just after HoE can out)
>the
>> Templar (Thomas Wolfe) in it was confronted by Stone and I deemed it time
>> let them kill Stone.
>
>It's just my opinion, but Pinnacle seems to share it...  Stone & others
>aren't given stats because PEG doesn't want you to kill them, as they've
>still some use left in them.  Sure your posse can kill them, but they may
>feel kind of wierd when someone refers to him as being alive in a later
>adventure.  "Didn't we kill him?"

I know it's not in line with PEG, but that wouldn't be too much of a problem
sense this game will becoming to a head soon. That is one of the reasons I
finally decided to let them Kill Stone. I'm planing on compensating for
Stone's death in my other game I'm running. The current posse are going to
pass into legend and I wanted my first posse to go out with something that
will remembered and hard as hell to over come by any other group. I doubt
any one will remember or know what happens to the posse for my faunally,
which will take place on the Unity.

>> The Templar and posse went back in time via Devil's Tower and the Hart of
>> Darkness adventures. They meet Stone and found his wallet with the tooth
>in
>> it. After they returned Stone tracked them down and started messing the
>> posse's plans. The posse had secured NORAD and one Nuke Missile. They
>hired
>> some Junkers to make it into a ship to get the posse Syker (Matt Lawton)
>> back to the Unity. Stone Impersonated the Lawton and caused the Nuke to
>leak
>> and kill everyone in the base. When the posse returned they found the
>Video
>> of the Lawton/Stone doing everything and assumed another Syker was behind
>it
>> and sealed the base for good. The set out to hunt the Syker.
>
>I'm not framiliar with Devil's Tower or any of that Trillogy, so I can't
add
>much here.  Sounds like "trakin' teeth" to me, though.

You are correct, I'm sorry I forgot to mention it.

>> the Wolfe's sword was destroyed in one adventure and was on a quest for a
>> new one. That's when they went through Something About a Sword and the
>Wolfe
>> found Evenor. I allowed him to keep it and they went back to work finding
>> the Syker/Stone.
>
>Just my thoughts again, but it seems to me that Simon would want that sword
>back, regardless of it's power.

I let the Wolfe keep the sword because it was part of a larger plot he ended
up in, on his quest to find a new sword. Simon (in my game) allowed it
because the sword called to Wolfe (that it how I got them into the
adventure) and he assumed Evenor chose Wolfe as his new holder.

>> Finally they found him and stood against him and several dozen Walking
>Dead.
>> In the end the Templar split Stone's head with Evenor and spending three
>> Legendary Chips.
>
>According to Hopler, no one in HOE should live long enough to gather 3
>legend chips...  As for splitting Stone's head, I assume this was done with
>Evanor?  I personally would consider stone Bad Ass enough to know what
>Evanor was, and then to know to avoid it.

Before Something About a Sword they had three in the pot. By the time they
got to Stone they had three in the pot, three in Wolfe's hand and one in
Lawton's (they gained only one after SAaS and never seem to spend them until
they really, really, really need them).

>> I allowed it, but a Walking Dead delivered the Dead Blow to
>> Wolfe and he died. I decided that Wolfe was bad-a$$ enough to come back
>> Harrowed if the Player wanted and he debated it and finally said yes
after
>> worned him it would not be easy on him with the other Templars. I told
him
>> the Templar wouldn't hunt him down as long as he submitted himself to
>Simon
>> right a way and so he did. When I drew the card it came out Ace of
>> Spades...Stone, so as I saw it the Manitou in Wolfe's noggin was Stone
>> himself (by the way Wolfe had a 4d12 Spirit so Stone would have a 6d12 +2
>> Spirit).
>
>That's just wrong, to me...  Stone wasn't a Manitou, he was just someone so
>evil that the Manitou inside him decided to let him run the show. I do like
>the Templar/harrowed thing you did, with submitting himself to Simon.  That
>could lead to later adventures in and of itself.  Say, some fringe templar
>decided to hunt down all the other Harrowed Templars, starting with this
Mr.
>Wolfe...

I put Stone in his head as a just-dessert for Wolfe's accomplishment and
Stone's failure. Plus I like the "Tragic Templar" thing, his last days spent
with one of the greatest evils held at bay by a legendary hero. Sounds good
for the end of a story. Plus I was thinking that when the game ends and the
posse goes to the Unity, they are never seen again but Stone does (new body
and weaker but still Stone).

Christopher Merrill
W.H.A.T.T. Member