Re: [HoE] Iron Oasis {Shane}

> just a brief question i forgot how small this company was that create all

> these books and box sets i reckon if they included a map they would more
than
> likely go bankrupt? or would it be that it would just affect there profit

> margin!

Fine.  Let's assume that PEG won't go bankrupt by including a full-color,
glossy, fold-out, 3-D pop-up, scratch-n-sniff map.  Discounting that
possibility, we must assume that Shane & co. are excluding the map to save
a buck on production of an Iron Oasis book.  By saving a buck per unit
will, in all likelihood, increase their profit margin.

Horrors.

So PEG makes an extra buck off each of us, the gullible gamer goons who
shell out standard bucks for substandard books (that is to say, books
without maps).  Like as not, Pinnacle is in this rat race to make *money*.
They are *not* a non-profit organization.  Their decisions, ultimately,
come down to the bottom line.  On some happy occasions, the question is "Do
we have enough lee way with this product to include another freebie?" Other
times, it's "What do we need to cut to make this product more profitable."

Either way, it's a business decision.  Shane isn't sitting in his office,
thinking, "Gee, I think I'll screw my customers by removing a map."  More
likely, it's, "I'll try to save a few bucks on Iron Oasis, so we have a bit
more capital to sink into the launch of our Lost Colony card game this
year.  With any luck, that'll do even better than Doomtown, and we'll be
able to stop skimping on the maps!"

And if he makes a few bucks in the process, more power to him.

He deserves every penny.

B. D. Flory
ICQ# 53912341