Re: [HoE] Iron Oasis / understanding a bit more

--- Machine-gun Kelly <mgkelly@netzero.net> wrote:
> > p.s  to the chap that said we should use are
> immagination and do it our
> > selves this is a hobby remember not a way of life
> and some of us do have jobs
> > and a life to run during the day and not all games
> masters can have the time
> > to invent a DETAILED map and everything else
>
> Point. I don't bother to make a map of any town or
> city or whatever the
> posse walks into, even if I made the town up
> [especially if I just made
> the town up.] If one comes in the book, good. If
> not, they'll ask
> directions to where they need to go to get the stuff
> they want.
>
> But, that's just the way I run games.

You only ever need a map if they're getting anal about
moving and cover in a firefight.  Mostly you can
ignore it.  It's not like the heroes know the place,
or they wouldn't need a map.  They're unlikely to fly
up into the air (intentionally.  Mines don't count)
and take a peek at the city from the air.

Besides, who said anythign about a detailed map?  It's
not like it matters, is it?  The junkers workshop's
over there.  Pass me the tape measure, I'll tell you
how far...

=====
Sometimes your hunger for life seems like desperation
And when I read about the world these days all I can feel is hatred
The fortune teller is closing her doors
She looked into the crystal and saw nothing at all
--
Steve Wallace
www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Metro/9384/