[HoE] Plot Help

SPOILERS (Jack, Zack- begone)

>> I'm planning an adventure, and need a little advice on how to handle on
>> particular part.  My posse consists of a junker (no browser), a former
>> assassin syker, a tough biker, and a SOB gunslinger.  The posse is going to
>> be hired by a junker merchant to retrieve a security access card to a
>> dormant ghost rock reactor.  Now, the posse will only they are being paid
>> very well to go after a "red card with Hellstrome Industries and many
>> numbers" on it.  I'm toying with the idea of making the card a relic, too.
>> Anyway, they track the thieves to the ruins of Sacramento, and hopefully
>> get the card back by guile or force.  Now, here's what I need help with:
>> When the return to get their payment, the junker will betray the posse to
>> the Cult O' Doom who desperately want the card to increase their power.
>> How should I handle the scene where the posse is betrayed?

>Sounds like an interesting game.
>    If you want the card to get to the bad guys (and then possibly have
>another adventure with them having to travel to the reactor to stop the cult)
>then have the junker construct a device that either incapacitates them or
>paralyses them. Not sure how but sure it could be done.  Always good to
have a
>player frozen and have to watch what happens. Really riles 'em up let me tell
>ya. :) Make sure you have a mean ass Cult o' Doom leader there to poke at the
>frozen players.  And of course he just has to babble something about this
>plans. (Bad guys seem just unable to keep quiet about that. hmm)  Have the
>device either fail as the cultists leave or let them escape somehow.
Otherwise
>there is little reason for the Doomies not to kill them. And that is not a
>good way to kill players, gets 'em down right upset. :) Also make sure to
take
>the syker into account, paralyzed or not hs powers would still work most
>likely.
>    If you want to have them fight the cult and win then have the Junker
>device fail right out or use another method. Poison's good but hard to
applies
>as most posses carry there own food these days unless the junker invites them
>to dinner. Easier (but messier!) is to have the Junker know of  where the
>posse is staying an simply send the Doomies on over to them. Of course the
>players might not catch on that the Junker tipped the Doomies off. He could
>continue to use them. Have 'em go after the card AGAIN (hehe) and keep
>whatever the Doomies paid as well. But this may be a little much.
>Hope this helped. :)
>David.

I don't like making the posse _totally_ helpless, so I think I'll give the
evil junker a superpowerful magnet gun which will basically rip away from
the posse everything that is metal (guns!).  Now, the skyer has a large
Omega symbol tattooed on his forehead.  Will someone smarter than me tell
me what happens when magnets and tattoos interact?  I seem to remember
something on PBS about MRIs and tattoos.

-Thomas "Evil grin" Mayfield

Only when the last tree is dead, the last river
dammed, and the last field paved over will we
realize we can't eat money.