Re: [HoE] Gimme Shelter Site Update

Unless I missed my guess, wasn't it Hellstrome's coup
that got Deseret its independence in the first place?
And how do you go about kicking out Hellstome? Send
folks to handcuff and escort the [new] body?

--- Xotzil@aol.com wrote:
> >>And one item in this has confused me since I read
> it
> >>in (I believe Iron Oasis, coulda been Junkman) a
> >>sourcebook and this reminded me to ask: why did
> >>Hellstrome permit himself to be deported?
>
> The reference is on page 13 of IO.
>
> By that time (2044), Deseret was its own legal
> entity (not a member of the
> USA or the CSA), and its leader, President James
> Snoddy, revoked
> Hellstromme's citizenship and basically told him to
> get out. Rich as he was,
> he presumably didn't have a higher power to appeal
> to. When the elected
> official that is the highest governing body of the
> place you are deciding to
> live in tells you that you don't get to live there
> anymore, you either stage
> a coup or you leave, and what would staging a coup
> have gained him?
>
> --Jacques

> with
> 	unsubscribe hoe

=====
The perpetually backlogged Michael Shindler, ICQ #13820058
"Why should he be alive? Breathing still, while others died?" BOC, _Sole Survivor_
http://members.xoom.com/martin_etc/links.htm
v3.12 GU d+(-) s+:- a--- c++ w++ PS+ R+ tv+ b++ DI++++, D, G, e-, r--