[HoE] Automatons

Hello all, got a quick question for the list. As I have mentioned before I am
running a possessed Automation in Hoe, don't ask. It is fun and that is what
it is about. Thing is I notice Automatons have the GL built in. As I read the
description it fires in it`s action phase as a bonus, is this correct? And if
so what do you use to fire it, which skill I mean. Though it would be the GL
skill, even the straight Automaton does not have the skill either. Any
thoughts? Oh and yes i know it was more than one question.  :-)

Grimm