Re: [HoE] How Have YOU Done It? (And Rant About GenCon Booklet)

On Mon, 17 Apr 2000 17:50:25 EDT Poe336@aol.com writes:
> 1) "Iowa: Famine Country": Howbout some more suggestions for Iowa?
> I know
> we've got lots of Marshals out here who run games...you ever take
> your posse
> to Iowa?  What'd YOU do?  I wanna know!

There should be a bunch of harrowed/walkin' dead baseball players in a
baseball field right in the middle of a corn field. Maybe they capture
people and force them to be umpires and fans. The umps just better not
make a bad call.

> 2) "Real Men Wear Black Hats": How have YOU used the Black Hats and
> the
> Combine in your games without them becoming old and stale?  I mean,
> give me
> some varied Combine-related plot ideas, your storylines, thoughts on
> the
> Black Hats as a group, maybe even inspiration for specific (possibly
> recurring) figures within the Black Hats (favorite NPCs?)

How about "The One That Got Away". A lone Black Hat that the posse left
for dead somewhere who survived and is just waiting to get his revenge.
He might even be harrowed now. If you don't think a lone Black Hat could
scare the party, he could be just following them and reporting back via
radio to Denver on the posse's current possition, strengths and
weaknesses.

> Why is it that I noticed, while flipping through the registered RPG
> events, a
> game like 'Kobolds Ate My Baby!" (Note: I'm not badmouthing Kobolds
> in any
> way.  Hell, just the name is enough for me to fully sanction the
> game) has
> four seperate events, and Deadlands has only *1*!?!?!?  There isn't
> even a
> SINGLE registered HoE event!!!!!

"Kobolds Ate My Baby" is a great beer and pretsels type of game that I
strongly recomend to anyone with a sense of humor.

"As long as there's lead in the air, there's still hope."
             -Texas Ranger D.M. Thomas
Weste of Space - http://mscof.home.texas.net/

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.