Re: [HoE] Answers to my "Something About A Sword" post...

I find myself of several minds on the matter of the deflected Doomsayer.

First, and foremost, IMHO, is if the Marshal REALLY did not want the
adventure hosed, he should have paid attention.  if keeping to the
adventure was that critical, he should have been prepared for Deflection.

If nothing else, the Brian Van Hoose-esque "directly at me" should have
been a sign.  Sorry.

That said, I don't think even 50% of Doomsayers have any idea Deflection
exists.  If they do, how big a percentage have seen the Greater Reward
used, so would think it moot to shoot the ground.  Another big Chuck of
that were probably toast 1 second after seeing it used.  I would think a
Doomsayer or Doombringer without intimate knowledge of the power would not
shoot the ground.  On the other hand, one burned by the Greater Reward
might not even send a Nuke at a Templar.

Example: Sheol, a Harrowed Doomsayer I play was stalking a suspected
Anti-Templar, The Lord of the Waste.  I had a Templar ally (for one game)
who had Deflection.  I had a clear shot at the Lord of the Waste, but did
not fire.  why?  well, I could shoot a Atomic Blast, but what if she had
Deflection?  I could shoot a Nuke at the ground, but what if she had the
Greater Reward?  No, I stayed my hand.  Did she have either?  I still don't
know, but she was/is a Servitor, so that point is moot.  The point is, I
did think of it because my ally had it and I knew it.  If I had no such
ally, I would have fired, and not at the  ground! that would be doing some
serious metagaming.

Most Green Robes don't have Templar allies.  They don't know what all they
can do, except their famous Lay On Hands.  How much is legend?  If my
Marshal had every one fire at the ground if I had a Templar, I'd be mighty
sore.  As a Marshal, when running anything from Doomsayers to Hucksters, I
think about what the Villain knows.  Is someone running around in a Tabard?
well, if so, does the villain  know about Deflection?  I'd give the chances
of the Green Robe Knowing about it as pretty low unless their Academia:
Occult was real high.  Huckster, well, that would vary like mad.

just my view
TBS