Re: [HoE] A Syker Question...

----- Original Message ----- >
> Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 22:26:42 -0600
> From: darious@darious.com
> Subject: Re: [HoE]  A Syker Question...

<snip original post>

> Here's what I've got in the accumulated rulings.
>
> Edges: Fortitude
> Q) Okay I realize that this question might have been asked and answered a
> long time ago but I can't find the answer that I need in any of the
> material that I have.  Which is the correct interpreation of how the edge
> work?
> 1)A syker starts with 10 strain. He gets the foritude edge he now has 20
> strain. If he exceeds the 20 strain he then starts rolling against his
> vigor for potenical brainburn.
> 2)A syker starts with 10 strain. He gets the fortitude edge and he now has
> a maxium strain of 20. However as soon as he exceeds his original 10 he
> must start rolling vigors rolls for brainburn, and their it no way
possible
> to exceed the 20 strain. - sandy_addison
> A) The second option is the right one. [John Hopler, HoE listserv,
11/16/99]

okay... I guess that makes sense. It didn't seem to be the way it was
worded, although it certainly seems more balanced. Plus you don't get that
ungodly TN to pass your strain. I was thinking TN 16 was a tad high.. ;-)

> >Question 2:
> >Steel-Trap Mind - let's say I have this at level 3. Using the example
above,
> >is my Strain a 26 or a 23? Basically, which takes precedence, Fortitude's
> >doubling, or STM's bonus?
>
> 26.

okay... like I said, for some reason I couldn't find anything on this. Maybe
it was the late hour. In any case, thanks!

sinisterdexter@mindspring.com